If you’ve recently been invited to a wedding, you’ll be familiar with the struggle of knowing what to wear. Dress codes can be a little confusing, and you want to make sure that you look your best. If you’re unsure about what to wear or what not to wear, don’t worry, as we’ve got the perfect guide for you!
- Girls – never ever wear white! It will make you look like you’re trying to upstage the bride, and it’s just disrespectful.
- Guys – don’t wear a short sleeve dress shirt. It just doesn’t look appropriate for a wedding.
- Girls – nothing too short or revealing. Weddings are supposed to be classy affairs, so try to represent that in your outfit choice.
- Guys – no jeans please! Even if it’s a casual wedding, jeans are too casual!
- Girls – we shouldn’t have to say this, but under no circumstances should you wear a tiara!
- Guys – wear a well-fitted suit. Either visit a tailor, or, if you’re a larger guy, pick something up from a larger men’s clothing site like Size Base Clothing.
Guys – choose a tuxedo, full length tails with a vest and bowtie. You can even wear white dancing gloves.
Girls – opt for a chic cocktail dress or full length gown in a neutral colour, along with a formal hairstyle and jewellery.
Guys – wear a tuxedo with a bowtie and cummerbund.
Girls – wear a long dress or cocktail dress, again in neutral tones.
Guys – wear a tuxedo or a dark formal suit with smart shoes.
Girls – a cocktail dress is the best option.
Guys – you can wear a suit and tie in dark or light tones (dependant on the season).
Girls – choose a summer sundress and a casual hairstyle with natural makeup.
Guys – dress down a bit with dress trousers and a button down shirt.
Hopefully this guide will have given you a little more idea about what you need to know before you choose what to wear to a wedding. So now, you’re wedding ready and prepared to dazzle at your next wedding!